These breakfast cookies are the ultimate in guilt-free snacking. A recipe of 8 cookies has almost four cups of carrots and they're packed with almonds, dates, currants, and pureed bananas. No added sugar or fat!
1 1/2 cups oats, ground to a flour
1/2 cup almond, coarsely ground (with chunks of almonds still left)
1/4 cup currants
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup pureed banana
3 1/2 cups grated carrots
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, add ground oats, ground almonds, currents and cinnamon and mix.
3) In a food processor, process dates until they form a paste. It doesn't need to be completely smooth, some chunks of dates are okay.
4) Add the ground dates, pureed banana and grated carrots to the bowl and mix well with your hands to combine. The mixture will be a bit wet and sticky - wet hands will help you work with it more easily.
5) Wet your hands with water and form into balls. Place on a baking tray and press each ball down to form a disk. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms are lightly browned.