I whipped up a batch of these really quick and easy granola bars and portioned some bars to have in the freezer. I love having healthy granola bars like these handy. I made sure to include lots of energy boosting ingredients - cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, hemp, honey & bananas. Feel free to get creative and add your favourite dried fruits, nuts, and seeds.
2 cups oats, coarsely ground
1/2 cup oats
1 cup rice puff cereal
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp hemp hearts
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pureed banana (approx 3 medium bananas)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
1) In a food processor, coarsely grind 2 cups oats for a few seconds, leaving chunks of oats.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the ground oats, 1/2 cup whole oats, rice puff cereal, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut, hemp hearts and cinnamon.
3) In the food processor, blend bananas, coconut oil and honey.
4) Add banana mixture to oat mixture and mix well with a spatula until combined.
5) Spread mix onto a parchment lined baking tray and spread out evenly with a spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
6) Cut into squares or rectangles and enjoy! These freeze really well, so portion these up and place them in a freezer bag for a healthy snack whenever the craving strikes.