I add lots of ginger to this to add some heat and to benefit from the soothing effects of ginger.
Benefits of fresh ginger:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Helps to relieve nausea
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
Benefits of lemon:
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Helps to maintain healthy PH levels in the body
- Helps to flush toxins from the body
- Aids in healthy digestion
Benefits of honey:
- Immune boosting properties
- Nature's energy booster - providing a natural source of carbohydrates
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties
FRESH LEMON, GINGER & HONEY APPLE TEA
Yield: 4 servings
5 cups water
2 inch piece of ginger, grated with a microplane or fine grater
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/2 apple, cut into rings
1 tbsp honey
In a pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour into a mug and enjoy!