They freeze really well so make a big batch to freeze so that you always have a snack on hand.
2 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup pureed ripe bananas
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup honey or agave
Shredded coconut for sprinkling
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
1) In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 1/2 cups oats (pour the remaining 1 cup oats into a bowl and set aside), coconut, walnuts, half of the dried cranberries, and cinnamon. Process until a coarse flour forms. Pour this into the bowl of whole oats and mix.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the pureed bananas, olive oil and honey/agave. Pour this into the dry mixture and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
3) Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cranberries and mix.
4) Use a 2 oz scoop or a large spoon to portion cookies into balls. Use the palm of your hand to flatten into a disk. These won't spread so you can bake them close together. Sprinkle tops of the cookies with a little extra coconut.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottom.