When I make salads I try to add as much crunch as possible. These types of salads are perfect for making ahead and can sit in the fridge for a few days and still maintain their bite. Sugar snap peas, peppers and corn are the perfect base for a salad - from there you can add whatever else is on hand.
1 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 orange/red/yellow pepper, thinly sliced
3 cobs corn
1 green onion stalk, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
Black sesame seeds to garnish
Click here for the Green Avocado Dressing.
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch snap peas for 30 seconds and remove to a strainer.
2) Blanch corn for 1 minute in the pot of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
3) Peel skins off of carrots and cut in half. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of carrot, rotating the carrot and peeling so that you get nice long strips of carrots. You can discard the inside of the carrot once it gets too difficult to peel them.
4) In a large bowl, toss together the snap peas, peppers, carrots, green onion, and red onion. Cut corn off of the cob into the bowl and mix.
4) Add green avocado dressing and use your hands or tongs to mix well.
5) Sprinkle black sesame seeds over top to garnish.