This recipe is packed with nuts, dried fruit and seeds, so you'll be fired up with energy! I've used honey and sunflower seed butter as my flavour base and then got creative with my favourite add ons - almonds, walnuts, coconut, sesame seeds, cranberries, black raisins and dates. You can swap out any of these add-ons if they're not your thing and put your own spin on this recipe!
3 cups oats
3/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp flax meal
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup honey (agave or maple syrup for vegan option)
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup black raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to a small saucepan and warm up over low heat. Only cook this long enough for the ingredients to warm up and melt together. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients well with a spatula, ensuring that you coat all of the dry mix with wet mix. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing the granola every five minutes to ensure even cooking and to avoid the edges burning.
- When granola is nicely browned, remove from the oven and leave to cool. The granola might look loose when you first take it out, but once it cools down, it will harden and stick together.
- When the granola has cooled down, break apart with your hands leaving it as chunky as you like, then add the dates, raisins, cranberries, and coconut and mix to combine.