I looked in my fridge and found inspiration when I saw two big bunches of cilantro and curly parsley sitting there looking all pretty, waiting to be used up. I have a tendency to let herbs go to waste (sometimes I only need a little bit, not a whole tree!), but lately I've been determined not to let any produce go to waste. This quinoa salad is the perfect place to pack in herbs in large quantities without it being too overwhelming. Lemon seems to be the equalizer with fresh herbs, balancing them out perfectly.
This recipe is super healthy, refreshing, and is perfect eaten on its own, or topped with your choice of protein. Enjoy!
A word to the wise - check your teeth in the mirror after you've finished this up...those pesky herbs!!
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 handful green beans, blanched and cut in half
1 cup packed parsley, chopped
1/2 cup packed cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup packed mint, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
Salt & Pepper
1) In a sieve, rinse quinoa for about 1 minute under cold running water.
2) In a pot, add 2 cups water, rinsed quinoa and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until all of the liquid has absorbed. Uncover and set aside to cool slightly.
3) In a large bowl, add the quinoa, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, parsley, cilantro, and mint.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt, and pepper.
5) Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
6) Serve with lemon wedges and a fresh sprinkling of herbs.