It's a great dish to make for a group, served with a grain on the side.
Yield: 4 servings
1 tbsp olive oil
2 baby eggplant, halved lengthwise
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
6 big swiss chard stalks, chopped
Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
1) In a small oven safe pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over high heat. When oil is hot, place baby eggplant face down in the pan to brown. When that side is brown, turn them over (skin side touching the pan now) and place in the oven to finish cooking for about 15 minutes.
2) While eggplant is in the oven, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, and garlic. After eggplant has been in the oven for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and spread honey garlic mixture over each piece of eggplant and return to the oven to continue baking for another 5 minutes. Eggplant should be fully cooked through at this point and soft but still holding their shape.
3) In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add cremini mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes to brown.
4) Add swiss chard and cook for another couple of minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Scoop mushroom and swiss chard mixture onto a plate and place eggplant halves on top.