This recipe is a little unspecific since I was seasoning loosely as I cooked, but hopefully this will give you some inspiration for your own summer salad!
2 cobs corn
Sugar snap peas
Bunch of asparagus, ends removed and cut in half on the diagonal
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
Salt & pepper
1 package tempeh, 1/2 inch cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt & pepper
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In batches, blanch the snap peas and asparagus. (Note: to blanch vegetables, bring water to a boil, immerse vegetables in boiling water and cook for 30 seconds, remove and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place in a colander to drain.)
2) In the same pot, cook the corn cobs for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool down. When it is cool enough to handle, cut the corn kernels off of the cob straight into your salad bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
3) In a large bowl, mix together the corn, snap peas, asparagus, peppers, green onion, and parsley. Season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
4) To prepare the tempeh: in a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sumac, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the tempeh cubes and lightly toss to coat.
5) Cook the tempeh in a pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, turning the cubes over to lightly brown all sides.
Garnish with extra sliced green onions and eat it all up!